During the 12-week Summer Internship, I worked in collaboration with Mentors and the Art Department, while gaining valuable feature film experience:
• Provide art, design and graphic artistry to feature films and related projects
• Gain knowledge about the Pixar art process, as well as the entire production pipeline
• Research and collect reference that inspire designs and techniques
• Create and utilize both still and motion graphics, conceptualize, design and implement graphic elements consistent with the style and quality of the film
• Create rough designs for review, revision and Production Designer approval, while learning consistency, versatility and speed throughout the design process
The production designer wanted all of the artwork to have a handmade quality so many of these pieces, especially the murals, are painted in acrylic and then scanned into the computer to be edited.